Re-bedding is recommended if you have the following situation:
1. After bedding in but you still have squeaking.
2. When you switch brake pad compounds.
Cleaning the rotor surface with brake a cleaner with fine steel wool, or sand paper to remove as much of the existing compound as possible, and perform the bedding again as outline in the "break-in" procedure similar to MOTORSPOTS bedding. This can be a simple and straightforward process but the actual bed-in may take slightly longer than brand new rotors and pads due to the existing compound on the rotor.
Brake cleaner can be purchased from your local auto parts store or homedepot.
- Make 6 to 8 brakings from approx. 60-80 mph. Do not drag brakes to a complete stop.
- Increase speeds to 80-100 mph and make additional 6 to 8 brakings.
- Allow 10-15 minutes for the brake system to cool down.
- Do not apply the parking brake during this cool down period.