RB Caliper Brake Kit Installation
- 10mm Hex head wrench (required to install caliper to adapter)
- Assorted wrenches as needed
- Jack up the car and place it on safety stands.
- Remove the wheel.
- Disconnect the brake line.
- Detach the existing caliper & bracket from the spindle.
- Remove the rotor from the hub.
- Clean up all mating (bearing hub) surfaces.
- Attach the caliper adapter to the spindle (P/N ADXXX facing you), use the OE caliper bracket bolts (do not tighten yet).
- Install the rotor.
- Place caliper over rotor & attach caliper to the adapter with the 2 ea of M12/M14 caliper bolts supplied.
- Torque the caliper adapter to the spindle per vehicle manufacturer specification (45-50 Ft-Lbs.).
- Position the caliper so that the bleeder screw is pointing up.
- Torque caliper bolts to 55-65 Ft-Lbs.
- Check rotor & caliper alignment.
- Spin the rotor & make sure it rotates freely without any interference.
If you are not replacing brake lines, skip to step 17.
- To install stainless steel brake lines, break the fittings and detach retaining clips, if any.
- Replace the old lines with the new ones using new hardware supplied.
- Bleed the system by following proper bleeding procedures, from the furthermost to the master cylinder first.